Posted in Apps or Games, News by Patricia on October 13, 2017
WhatsApp, the cross-platform messaging app for iOS, has just been updated and received a function that allows users to find content within chats much more easier. Now you can search for keywords messages from a specific chat and find the needed info in an instant, without needing to manually scroll hundreds of replies. Yes, WhatsApp Messenger already had a messages search feature, but it’s the one available on the Chats Home screen which can detect only the first match within a messages thread.
The new Search Messages within a specific chat option allows you to focus on a single conversation thread. Version 2.17.61 also brings a series of other changes. Design improvements to suit iOS 11 are always welcomed, as well as the ability to post text-only updates to your status that will be visible for 24 hours.
How to Search Chat Specific Messages
Important: Make sure that WhatsApp is updated to the latest iOS version!
1. Open the WhatsApp app from the iPhone Home screen.
2. Tap on the Chats tab to see all your active conversation.
3. Tap on the thread that you wish to browse.
4. Tap on the name of the chat, available centered at the top of the Contact Info screen.
5. Hit Chat Search and start typing. The real-time lookup provides suggestions after each letter you type. If the keyword has multiple matches within a thread, you can use the up and down arrows to navigate to the desired reply.
Tip: You might be also interested in how to stop WhatsApp from automatically saving received photos and videos to the iOS Photos app!